DHP Application

Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields

Steps:   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

In certain cases Wakefield Council may be able to offer extra help with your housing costs if you have a shortfall between your rent and Housing Benefit.

The Government has given us a limited amount of money to help people who meet certain criteria and need more financial help with their housing costs. We call these Discretionary Housing Payments.

Discretionary Housing Payments are not benefit payments. They are separate payments the Council can make if it thinks people need extra help with housing costs.

If you think you might need extra help with your housing costs, please fill in this eForm.

If you would like any help to fill in this eForm please phone 0845 8 504 504 during office hours.

Step Change free debt help charity 0800 138 11 11 www.stepchange.org
Citizens Advice Bureau 03444 111 444 www.adviceguide.org.uk
Money Advice Service 0300 500 5000 www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk